COTN Malawi Interns 2009

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

mase is not legal in the UK.

Being my first time flying overseas, i think i did a really great job! Mary, Anna and I flew from Atlanta to London where we had about a 10 hour layover. I was so excited because I had never been to London and we had the chance to do tons of sight seeing; we had a great meal etc. It was when i returned to the Heathrow airport that the trouble began. We were going through security and thought it was funny when my bag got rejected while all the others continued down the line. It was only funny for a second because seconds later I had airport security calling the London Police Department because they found mase in my bag. Apparently, mase is completely illegal in the UK, it is equivalent to carrying a handgun. The scary man assured me that everything was going to be fine and that they just had to follow protocol. So when the police came and i was sobbing, he told me that it wasnt a big deal, I was just going to spend the night in jail and catch the next available flight. I was mortified, I was crying and Mary, Anna and our new friend Katie were all praying. The cop called the "governor" and told him I was a "missionary who was only going to Malawi out of the goodness of her heart for pete's sake." It worked. They let me go. All is well. I love Malawi!! Hey mom! love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home